Thursday, April 14, 2011

We Are Home



I have been horrible at updating my blog since the girls were born, but wanted to write a quick update. Because the girls were born early at 34 weeks, they needed to stay in the hospital for about 20 days to gain some weight and learn how to eat. They both gained about a pound and a half up from their birth weight and are now at a whopping 5 1/2 pounds! I know it doesn't sound like a lot but to us it seems like a million pounds because of how closely their weight was monitored day by day in the hospital. We were able to come home a few days ago and it has been wonderful! It is great to have their feeding tubes out and not have all the monitor wires hooked up to them any more, but most of all it is nice to feel like we are now real parents and they are actually ours. It has definitely been an adjustment juggling two babies in the middle of the night, but it hasn't been as crazy as I anticipated. I'm sure it will get crazier:)

I will update more a little later about the delivery and our stay in the hospital, but wanted to post a few pictures of the girls since they have been home. They change so much every day! We love them to pieces.



Miss Clara


Baby Bree


12 comments:

cari said...

So absolutely precious. I'm happy they're home and can't wait to meet them.

6lasdiablitas said...

They are both soooooo darn cute! So glad they are home with u now. Let the good times begin :)

6lasdiablitas said...

by the way this is Shelley

Jobi Niu said...

They are so stinkin beautiful!! How you recovering. I bet you guys are exhausted, but having a blast..

Hit My Dreamy Eyes said...

Melissa! Congrats! They are so adorable. I am so glad that they are home are doing great. Let me know if you need anything!

Brad and Jana said...

Seriously...could they be any cuter? I love them already! I want to hold them so bad. I am glad that everything is going good. Honestly I loved having twins. And when they were babies, it was so good. It was just a little busier, but it was not too crazy! So enjoy those sweet angels!

joel and laura michelle said...

oooh just perfection! they are beautiful. So happy that you all are a happy healthy family of 4 ... at HOME! we are wishing sleep your way! lots of love!

Bambie said...

Beautiful little babies!! I LOVE your family picture!!!!!!!!!

TeresaL said...

They are so precious! I can't wait to hear stories about the birth & hospital stay. Congrats on having them home!

Ben said...

They are so beautiful! We're so glad you are home now! That's the best after a long stay in the hospital!

The Nasmans said...

That comment from Ben's profile was from me, Megan :)

Ashli Paynter said...

They are so darn cute! Im so glad you guys got to bring them home! Hope you are doing well. we need to get together and hang out with all our girls!