Monday, December 26, 2011

December Festivities

The Christmas festivities were in full swing this year.
Here are a few of the fun activities that has filled our December:



Our annual 'Dayton Family Christmas Get-Together' was a blast.
Unfortunately, Clara got sick on our way so we turned the car around and took her home.
Rick stayed home with sick little Clara, and Bree and I met up a little late with my family for dinner at Nauvoo Cafe and Temple Square lights.
It is great spending time with family during the holidays. As always, we had a great time.
Nothing seems more like Christmas to me than the lights at Temple Square.









Rick and I made sure to get out again later in the month with our little family to see some lights
because Rick and Clara missed Temple Square.
We headed down to Provo's Riverwoods where they have some beautiful lights on display.
We walked around, had some dinner, and got a little shopping in after.
It was a fun(and bitter cold) night with our family of four.





The week of Christmas, my sweet mom treated me to a night out with just her and I to see
David Archuleta's Christmas concert.
I know everyone out there thinks they have the best mom ever, but it isn't true. I do. :)
She would literally do anything for our family and is the most giving person I know.
I'm so incredibly grateful to have her.
The concert was great.
The best part of the night was right before his encore performance when he announced for the first time to the sold out crowd that he would be serving a mission for the LDS church!
He then sang my favorite Christmas song, "O Holy Night". So powerful and spiritual.
Great night with my momma!


No comments: