Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our First Home




We bought our first home back in August of this year and we have love love loved it so far! Our neighbors have been awesome, although we are about the only couple without kids so we feel a little out of place sometimes with all the kids running around! There are a lot of friends and family that haven't been able to check out our humble abode so here are a few pics to show you where we have been living. The only pictures I'm posting is of the main level. The second floor has 4 beds, 2 baths, and a loft but it is completely bare....literally!! So there isn't much to take pictures of yet. Our bedroom has a bed but that is about it. Imagine tan carpet with stark white walls and you will be able to picture it just fine:) I will be sure to post pictures of the upstairs as we fill it up.


Family Room(and Rick lounging on the couch)


Dining Area


Kitchen

Office


XMAS TREE!!



There is also a bath and laundry room on the main level but I didn't get pictures of those rooms. It has taught us a lot about how much money it is to own a home.....YOWSA!! It has definitely forced us to budget our money and be better about our spending. We realized just how much money we were spending on random things when we were in our apartment in Orem and it made us sick! Oh how the good old days of spending frivolously are behind us.







14 comments:

靓影 said...

very good !i like it

joel and laura michelle said...

beautiful home!! we are so thrilled for you guys! one day ... in the next 10 years ... we'll be in a home too ;) hope you all have a wonderufl holiday season. love you both!

Spackman's said...

I love your house. You decorate so cute and I love your kitchen it is so pretty. Congrats guys

Shalice said...

I can't believe you were married June 1st...we are June 2nd! I totally hear you about owning a house, Dusty yells at me daily for spending.

Brad and Jana said...

I love your house! I am glad that I got to see it in real life though! It looks so cute in the pictures, but when you actually see it, wow you decorate so cute! And to answer your question on the comment you left me, they actually call me to go do stuff! HAHA We need to get better at that for sure! I am always up for hanging out! We need to get together as couples, I think it would be fun!

Ryan and Rachel said...

What a beautiful house! We are so happy for you both. That is a huge accomplishment...way to go!! Miss you both and see you soon!

Heather said...

Such a cute place. I'm glad I was able to see it in person! So much fun to have your own place. Love you guys!

Lara said...

I am loving the house! I hear ya about the whole owning a home thing! Everything is sooo expensive and you can't spend your money on fun things anymore cause now you have a house! Our house is sooo bare too we have nothing on the walls and barely any furniture so your house looks amazing next to mine! Very cute!

Ryan and Steph Dudley said...

Cute Cute Cute, good job mel! Decorating is so much fun - I wish I had all the money in the world to go decorate and redecorate houses.

Kristi said...

CUTE HOUSE! Congrats on the house...I love how you decorate! The way you feel a bit out of place w/o kids was how Tyler and I were when we bought our first house...we had our Alexa about a year later...I'm just saying...

Harries Family said...

What a great first home, super nice! I am jealous. I can't wait for Adam to be done with PT school so we can afford a beautiful home like yours. Congrats! You know how to fill those rooms.......babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Come on jump on the baby wagon.

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

Your house is sooo gorgeous! I'm so glad I finally got to see pics of it :) haha jk...really though you should be an interior decorator cause i'ts so cute. Come re-decorate my house please?

TeresaL said...

MD- your house is so cute!!! CONGRATS!!!

Bambie said...

Your house looks so cute!!