Sunday, February 15, 2009

Muffin Top


As part of my internship for school I am helping to run a Biggest Loser Contest at my work. It was the perfect time of year to start, right at the end of winter hibernation. There are about 10 guys that signed up and each put in $100 dollars, at the end the winner gets all the money!! No girls signed up(including myself), probably because we knew that a part of the contest was getting into a bathing suit for before and after pics:) We did all the contestants starting measurements 2 weeks ago. Rick signed up for the contest and he has already lost 8 pounds!!! Not that he has a ton to lose but I'm so proud of him for being so motivated to get up early, go to the gym, and eat healthy. The contest lasts for 3 months, so I will keep you updated if we are 1 grand richer at the end!! Well, I guess technically Rick would be 1 grand richer...but what is his is mine right??:)

www.mypyramidtracker.gov is an AWESOME free website program that tracks your daily food intake and helps you be more aware of what you are putting into your body. You enter in your ht, wt, age, etc...& then you enter in your food intake for the day. Not only does its show you how many calories, fat, sat fat, protein, carbs(..list goes on), that you are getting but it shows you what you SHOULD be getting according to your body. It can also assess your physical activity if you are on a exercise regimen. I've seen programs like these before, but I have never seen it for FREE. So, if you are interested in this stuff go take advantage and check it out!!

Another great website is www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp This is the best website I've found that has nutrition facts for the different restaurants we all go to. You would be surprised how much hidden fat there is in a lot of the dishes you would think would be semi-healthy. FYI Chilis is the worst!!

:) Go check out these great websites and get motivated to get healthy!!



P.S. I just want to clarify that there is nothing wrong with muffin tops...we all get them. But I do have a problem when they are freely flaunted with belly shirts. It's just not right. Agreed? mkay;)

10 comments:

cari said...

What's wrong with muffin tops? No really, I'm going to have to check out those sites. Something tells me that eating chocolate all day isn't good for me. Grrr.

Andrea Migliaccio said...

Lol!
I haven't seen in you in forever but I highly doubt you're even close to having a muffin top!
But I totally agree- seeing muffin top's around town isn't all that pleasant for the eyes!
I have a lot to work on after I deliver this baby!
xOxOxO

Bambie said...

I agree, muffin tops are fine! Public displays of muffin tops are not!! Thanks for the website info!! I've been writing everything on a log on my fridge but this might be better! I am on my way to check it out!! There is a website called Dotti's Restaurant or something like that. She also shows calories and fat grams, also weight watcher points. Don't even walk in to Olive Garden if any of these things are a concern!!!

J Fo said...

I SO agree with the flaunting of the muffin tops! That and butt cracks...what makes people think that we want to see those things?!

Kristi said...

I LOVE watching Biggest Loser! How fun that you are helping to put it on...and your husband is doing it!...I wouldn't do it either if there had to be swimsuit pics :) Where do you work? I'm excited to check out those websites...I heard about them, but have never looked at em.

muffin tops... :)

Britney O'Connor said...

You love muffin tops! Ha. I'm so glad you guys are doing this contest...my dad is going to look FAB for Hawaii =)

Brad and Jana said...

This post seriously cracks me up! I sure feel like that most days! You have always been so good with counting calories and things like that, and I remember that me and Candice always thought it seemed like a foreign language! I need to go onto these websites you reccomended and get a little help:)

The Leatherberry's said...

Okay so I tried to leave a comment and it erased it instead!!! Anywho, that's awesome what you are doing! I love Biggest Loser! I envy you for how good you are about working out and your knowledge of how to be healthy! I seriously need help. I know I have said this before and you ignore me but I am dead serious!!! Especially after this baby comes I really want to lose the weight so I can at least be close to what I was before. Please HELP ME!!!

Kate said...

h I'm so excited to check out that site! I love stuff like that so thanks for sharing! Oh... and PDMT (public display of Muffin tops) bleh! haha boo to that!

Jen & George Scott said...

Mel - I totally agree. The ouside muffin top has got to go. Thanks for the sites, I will have to go check them out. I miss seeing you!!!