Thursday, December 17, 2009

Take A Picture, It Lasts Longer

So I'm in the market for one of those fancy shmancy DSLR cameras. I'm no photographer, but I do enjoy bugging people with my annoying urge to snap at any photographic moment I see. It's in my genes, my mom and dad are both obsessive picture takers. For example, they went on a Mexican cruise last month and not one but both of them had cameras. This meant two sets of pictures to go through when they got home which resulted in 800+ photos. They are a cute little couple and I love them. Rick sat through the first 25 and then bowed out and watched basketball. I took one for the team and sat through the whole load of 800. (On a side note, for those of you who didn't know, my parents got remarried last month. Yep, you heard correct....my parents got remarried, to each other. Pretty cool to send your parents off on their second honeymoon 30 years after they went on their first honeymoon together...hence the Mexican Cruise, hence 800+ photos and hence me calling them a cute couple. They are much too happy for words and I am so proud of them.)

Anyways, back to the camera. I'm having trouble trying to decide between Canon and Nikon. I've done a little research but I'm still a little uncommitted. I've heard they are both very similar, but does anyone have an opinion? Anyone used either of these? Below are the two I'm thinking but I will take suggestions on any alternatives. Any feedback would be VERY much appreciated. Gracias.


Canon XSi 450D



Nikon D60





10 comments:

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

I have a canon and I love it! I say go canon!!

cari said...

My friend who is a photographer swears by canons.

Britney O'Connor said...

No idea on the cameras- but that's a super cute story about your parents! :)

Jennifer said...

We have the Canon rebel xti and love it! I still need to learn all of it's functions though :)

Shalice said...

YAY! for pictures. I love them and I am obsessed with taking pictures. Poor Dusty he hates his picture being taken. I have a Nixon it so not a big nice one like you are looking at I loose them to fast but it is a Coolpix and I LOVE IT! Can't wait to see all your pictures

TeresaL said...

We have the Cannon rebel xti or something like that. Bobby is the photographer, but we both love it!
Congrats to your Mom & Dad! That is awesome!

Brad and Jana said...

Go with the Canon, I have one, Jess has one, and so does Jen! Great camera, never had a problem and they take great pictures! And congrats to your parents, love them.

The Leatherberry's said...

I have no input on the camera...sorry!:) But I do have to say, your ma and pas is too cute! Just love those two and am so happy they are back together after so long. Good job on looking at the 800+ pictures!!! It was too much fun the other night so I hope we do it again soon!

The Liechtys said...

Mike just bought me that same cannon rebel and I love it- but I know nothing about cameras. It does take a lovely photo though. Good luck and happy shopping.

Ryan and Steph Dudley said...

I have a canon and it's great, I was at the same cross roads not too long ago and I asked the best buy guy and he said that you can't go wrong with either but you get more bang for your buck with canon. Good luck!