Monday, August 15, 2011

Lessons Learned

Being a parent has taught us many lessons about babies.
For example..
We went to St George a few weeks ago for a weekend getaway.
We fed the babies before we started our drive down and figured we had around 3-4 hrs before they would get hungry again.
We got to the 3 1/2 hr mark and they were sleeping, but we were at a rest stop and we figured we should just wake them up and feed them now so they don't start screaming on the road.
WRONG!!
Lesson Learned? Never wake a sleeping baby(fyi...it is exponentially worse when it's babies)


Last night I learned another lesson.
Lesson Learned? Never put your baby on your shoulders when they have a FULL belly.
You are asking for trouble.
Yes folks, this lesson may sound like common sense.
But as my husband knows, using common sense doesn't apply to me all the time.
I just fed Clara a big cup of rice cereal and a bottle of milk.
She was nice and happy and I placed her on my shoulders for a quick ride.
Two seconds later, this was the result....









It was a nice warm spit up bath on my head.
On a positive note, my whole family was over hanging out when it happened and got a good laugh.
Pretty funny.








No comments: