Thursday, November 10, 2011

Seven Months

These babies are still growing and they aren't stopping. I love that they are growing and thriving, but I wish I could push the pause button sometimes.
Because the girls were premature, each month we have nurse that stops by our house
to check in on them and make sure they are developing and growing as they should.
She has been coming every month since they were born and will likely continue until they are one.
It is always hard for me because I look at other 7 month olds and see them doing things that Clara and Bree aren't doing yet. It is so great that this nurse comes in to remind me that they were 6 weeks premature and have a little catching up to do. She is pleased with how they are doing and they are right where they need to be!

The girls continue to experiment with food. They have now tried bananas, peaches, sweet potatoes, peas, green beans, carrots, and squash. Because they are eating more solids, I feel like I'm changing a million diapers a day. Crazy!
A big change this month is that the girls can finally bathe together. Now that they are both really steady as they sit, I have been able to sit them up in the tub and they splish splash with each other while I clean them. They love it and I love that it saves me so much time bathing them together!
The toy fighting has definitely already begun with these two. It seems that any toy Bree has Clara wants and any toy Clara has Bree wants. They both do a really good job at sticking up for themselves and will cry if their toy is taken away but right away goes to steal it back. I have some fun times in store for me with these two girls fighting over things, I can tell already!


I totally screwed up this month and didn't get pictures with their little monthly stickers on. These will have to do. These pics were taken on their 7 month bday after they went to the doctor and got some booster shots. I was trying so hard to get both girls to smile. This basically shows how impossible it is sometimes. I love that Bree finally got sick of looking at me and started eating Clara's arm. Silly girls.


-Sleeps like a log. Nothing wakes her up.
-Got first tooth! Bottom right came in on her 7 month bday and the bottom left came in about two weeks later.
-Still hates her tummy. I'm worried this girl will never crawl.
-Really good eater. Will take her orange veggies and green veggies, although the green ones don't seem to be her favorite.
-Still not a huge talker, but when she comes our of her shell and babbles we take it all in because it is so tender.
- Focuses so hard on little details. For example, when I put her on the ground for tummy time, she zones in on each grain of carpet touching it in between her fingers. She examines it forever and won't take her eyes off.
-Makes this strange elephant sound a lot. I don't know how else to explain it other than it sounds like an elephant. It's all through her nose and it is so hilarious.







-Has started to only sleep on her stomach. Whenever I go in to check on her, she has rolled from back to front. She has definitely found her comfy position.
-First one to get a tooth, the day before her 7 month bday. Bottom right came in first and about a week letter her bottom left came in.
-So ticklish. Dad tickles her under her chin and arm pit and she belly laughs as hard as she can.
-LOVES the bath. Splashes and squeals, then cries when she has to get out.
-Has started to lift her little knee up when on her tummy to experiment with first stages of crawling.
-Will NOT eat green veggies. Gags any time that I have tried to get her to eat them. No peas or green beans for this little lady.
-Still loves to talk and squeal. She is always the life of the party.

4 comments:

Britney O'Connor said...

I was going to say how cute & chubby they are...and then I realized my 3 month old is just as chubby. Ha ha. Seriously nothing like chubby babies, they are stinkin' adorable!

Hit My Dreamy Eyes said...

I am so in love with them.
They are so precious and funny.
I know what elephant noise your talking about. Mazie makes it too. I call it her horse talk, because it sounds like a horse, haha!
I can't belive how big they are.
I am so glad that they are happy and healthy. What GREAT girls :)

Shantillylace said...

So cute! I don't know how you do it with twins! I feel like I'm changing diapers all day long but with twins it would be so crazy! Way to go! And they are soooooo cute!

TeresaL said...

They are so cute! Don't worry about them crawling, they'll get there. One day you'll be wondering when they will be still again :)