Thursday, February 16, 2012

Girl's Trip


January was long and gloomy so my mom and I decided it was time for us to
take a little girl's trip down to St. George last weekend.
As I'm sure everyone does, I badly needed a break from our day to day routine.
We had so much fun just getting away and as a plus it was my mom's 52nd birthday while we were there.
I always have fun with my mom and we are grateful for her and all she does for us.
I'm lucky to say she is my best friend.
Even though it was her birthday, she left for a minute one day and came back and surprised me with a certificate to get a one hour massage. Love her!


We quickly found out this trip that the girls are not easy to take to restaurants any longer.
Let's just say people really got a show.
Every time the girls got out of hand, I would just start laughing out loud so hard because it was nuts.
Probably not the best reaction, but I couldn't help it.
I guess it's better than breaking down and crying.
We were at Red Lobster for my mom's bday dinner and the girls were particularly rowdy.
Finally we decided we had to just leave and I apologized to everyone as I walked out.
There were some polygamists there a few tables away and they were the only ones that looked at me with their thumbs up and said, "Don't worry, we love it! We love kids."
Oh my, of course they do.
At least there was somebody who didn't care in the restaurant. :)

The trip was just what we needed to get a boost.
We were able to do plenty of relaxing, eating, birthday celebrating,and talking....just what girls do best.
Perfect girl's getaway.






No comments: